Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 30: CTFD Method of parenting


[Charlie pre and post swim]

:: WHETHER OR NOT YOU’RE THE BEST PARENT IN THE WORLD, AS LONG AS YOU LOVE YOUR CHILD, THEY’LL THINK YOU ARE AND THAT’S WHAT MATTERS - david vienna (the daddy complex)

After a month of reflecting on my parenting and trying to keep my shit together, you might think that I obsess a little too much. I like to think I'm being conscientious. Which was by the way the most consistently overused word in my primary school reports. I'm not worried that I'm a terrible parent or anything, I'm just trying to do my best but also do better. I don't think I worry too much, but I will try and remember this parenting technique with a smile next time I start to worry about some little thing Calm the F*** Down. 

Today: So hot! We spent a few hours keeping cool at the pool. All that splashing and playing wears little boys out. No parenting dramas though Charlie still did not want to have the conditioner washed out of his hair. I talked to him before we did the treatment about why he wasn't wanting a bath any more. It hurt his eyes. I promised him I wouldn't let any get in his eyes. He still screamed and fought the whole time but we didn't get any in his eyes, and I stayed calm. Win.

Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment