Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 20: Take Time

[prize winners in the chook tent at the show]
[on our way home from the show]

:: TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF

Haha, that statement is ridiculous for being both too simplistic and also too hard at the same time. When Charlie was a baby just having a shower every second day was a major achievement. But if you can manage to put yourself on your list of priorities you would find it to be good advice. I feel like I've done nothing all day except catch up on laundry and clean the kitchen only to mess it up again cooking dinner. The kitchen is still a mess, but I sat on the couch with the Mr for an hour tonight since I'm heading back to the city again tomorrow and I couldn't face any more housework. And I'm only throwing a generic 'take time for yourself' pearl of wisdom on the blog because I am taking some time for myself! and going to bed and leaving it all for tomorrow.

Today: Two irritating moments when I could feel myself starting to get angry, but I didn't boil over. Not a major fail, or even a fail, but it feels shitty.

I must remember that I have more rope* when I've had some time for myself. I hope you've had a wonderful weekend, we enjoyed going to the local ag show.

Mx

*As in I'm not at the end of my rope.

2 comments:

  1. Take time for yourself are moments snatched here and there, that you feel guilty about. Yes I say Ha Ha Ha to. It gets easier in one area and bursts out in another. Trials and Tribulations,
    parents need to learn as do children. Love from ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have thought that acknowledging the anger and not boiling over is a good success. After all, we can't be happy all the time. Have a good time in the city.

    ReplyDelete