Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 15: Special


:: THEY MAY FORGET WHAT YOU SAID, BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL. Carl W. Buechner

Yesterday's post had me thinking about what Toni Morrison said on Oprah once, "when a kid walks in the room, does your face light up?" Feeling special and feeling important. I want my kids to feel both those. I think that's what so nice about having a birthday, not the presents you get, but feeling special (I am looking forward to my robovac when the credit card is looking a little healthier though!).

Today: We were out all day again, visiting friends and going out for birthday lunch. No parenting dramas on my birthday, nice. Charlie totally took a tumble off his stool at the trendy (does using the word trendy make me an old dag?!) restaurant we went to in Fremantle though and spilled all his blueberries on the floor in the process. The wait staff were lovely throughout and took it all in stride.

Mx

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! Was that the same restaurant reviewed in Saturday's paper? Hope the meal was fab - it sounds amazing. Hope you felt special too! x

    ReplyDelete