Thursday, September 3, 2009

Nobody told me...

knitting is so addictive!!



Especially with beautiful bamboo needles and lovely yarn. The bamboo feels lovely as the needles slide over one another. Bamboo needles must be a new thing since I knitted last, I am totally converted and think I shan't ever knit on anything else.

I started this fingerless glove project yesterday at my Mum's so she could help me get going and I haven't been able to stop. I took the knitting to squash last night and then continued knitting while the Mr and I played scrabble.


I am happy with my progress except that the reason I started this project was so that I could take it with me when we go camping this weekend. If I'm not careful I'll have finished it before we leave.

Even though we are heading out of winter , I 'm sure I'll still get plenty of wear out of them. This is what happens to me when I get cold.


The blood drains out of my fingers and toes and my digits look like they belong on one of Madame Tussauds wax dummies.

Anywho, I found this pattern at A Friend to Knit With, I'm doing Toasty. Head over and check out her lovely blog. I bought the needles and yarn from my favourite quilting and knitting shop. It's so lovely, I can't help myself when I go in there.


...and thanks mum for rigging me up this very practical yarn holder. My yarn will stay nice and clean while I hang out in the dirt this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment