Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hulbert Street Sustainabiility Fiesta

I don't know what I'm doing this weekend. If it would just stop raining for one day, I'd clean and dry all our camping gear from last weekend. But I know what I'm doing next weekend. The Hulbert Street Sustainability Fiesta!

click to view larger image
[credit]

Such a great weekend. There are two open houses, seven open gardens and five open artist studios to visit, the highlight for me is definitely the Painted Fish, run by Tim and Sharni, a couple of Freo's coolest sustainability/community pioneers. There is also a Living Smart speaker’s tent, buskers corner, cafe, family activities, and street stalls for community groups, local artists and businesses selling sustainable products. Last year I bought the coolest hemp linen teatowel from fattydemonsey or was it the year before?? Anyway, as Tim says over on the Painted Fish blog "you should be able to spend the whole weekend here, and learn heaps about making your life more sustainable".

Hope to see you there, I'll be at the welcoming table for the Painted Fish on Saturday morning.

Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment