Thursday, October 20, 2011

Big Weekend


IMG_1845

IMG_1873_2IMG_1885_2IMG_1839

My Lordy! So I turned 35 on Saturday, and spent the day down the shire hall at the polling place for the local government elections. We've been in town less than 4 months but I love it here so much I nominated for council. The length of time we've been here probably had something to do with not getting elected, but I'm feeling the love from the amount of votes I did get, so I shan't be deterred!

Fantastic friends arrived Saturday afternoon and came with us upstairs to the bar while the votes were counted. I knew there would be nothing open afterwards for dinner so we walked home and had toasted cheese sandwhiches, perfect meal at the end of a long day!

We had a birthday BBQ on Sunday, and I'd really like to know how to host and relax at the same time! It was great to have my parents come and my sister and SIL. But when it's your party and everybody there is someone you want to talk to, how do you manage that?? Plus make sure everyone is fed and has a drink? I need training! Luckily my Aunt knows that is not my strong suit and took charge :)

I didn't even take any photos over the weekend, so photos of Charlie at the playground this afternoon will have to do...

Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment