Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yarn Along

Yarn Along

I finished this book last weekend in Geraldton. I loved it, not depressing at all, does make you a bit mad though that all of the international aid money isn't used more effectively the way Paul Polak describes. I think I may just have found where my future donation money will be going.

Crocheting a gift, it's not turning out as long as I want. I may have to rip it out and start again (for the fourth time) with different proportions. I'm using the wool I bought for this project, but didn't buy enough.

BTW the project from my last Yarn Along participation has been finished and worn and I've written out the pattern here.

edit:: oops, forgot to link so you can check out the other Yarn Alongers over at Small Things.

Mx

7 comments:

  1. hope your crochet ends up turning out how you want it to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have better luck with your crochet this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a really interesting book.

    Hope your project goes better this week.

    I love that hat your designed! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O, I could really get into a discussion on poverty with you! Some of the best intentions of money can hurt and already fragile economy in some places! A charity I really love is Food for the Hungry (www.fh.org)as they have an exit plan for each community, and spend a huge amount of time talking with community leaders instead of walking in, taking over and leaving no leaders behind. That sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color of your project - hope it turns out well
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that the book wasn't depressing, I would have assumed that it was. Hope you have more success with the crochet this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy you enjoyed my book. My book and website have a wonderful list of great non profits.The heading on the website is Resources for Change. I also blog as often as I can to expand on the ideas expressed in my book. Thanks again for your kind words. http://www.paulpolak.com/html/res.html

    ReplyDelete