Monday, June 20, 2011

The Weekend

IMG_0251
{new house}
 
IMG_0241
{fig tree!! :)}
 
On Sunday we signed a lease!! After months of waiting we have found (and secured) a place to live in our new town. We will be saying goodbye to the city next weekend. I am happy things are moving along now, but in the end it all happened so quickly my head is in a bit of a spin.

I am also nervous. I know we can always move back if we don't like it, so it doesn't have to be permanent, and I've wanted to move to the country for a long time. But, I've always been a city girl, and what will it be like living 3 hours away from our friends and family? and how will we go making new friends? and not having the services etc available in the city?

Like the Mr said, "we'll just have to suck it, and see".

Mx

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous house and good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, good luck. We moved here, away from the city and our family and frineds, when Indi was eight months old. I met so many people because of her. A baby is the best ice breaker. Can't wait to read your adventures.

    ps. and ten years later it is hard to imagine we ever called our selves city people. This is home and yours will be too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely house. I am sure you will have lots of luck growing blueberries in the wheat belt - more so than me who lives in a warmer coastal suburb. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely new little house you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house is lovely, but the fig tree! Oh, the fig tree is absolutely divine. I did a similar move from city to country, though it was some 17 years ago now. Big transition. Some culture shock. But, really, unquestionably wonderful. SUCH a healthier pace of life. More connected to nature. To earth. A beautiful place to grow a marriage, and a family.

    I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete