Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Alive and Well!

I'm sure even my mother has stopped checking this blog to see if I've updated it. In any case this will surprise her if she hasn't! Gosh, so much to tell!! We'll start with my excuse for not blogging since March... after essentially being out of the workforce for 8 years while having babies and mothering I am now working full time... as a motorcycle postie! I've been doing it for five months now and I've pretty much gotten the hang of it. It is a fun job and I enjoy it. Working full time doesn't leave a lot time over for other stuff though and it certainly has been an adjustment. I have finally acclimatised to the pre 5am wake up but must make sure I get to bed early which means in bed before 9. Sometimes I feel like a crotchety old person who's favourite thing to do is stay home and put my pyjamas on, even on the weekend. Anyway...


We are still living in the bus. It's going well and I love our cozy home. I feel like Bessie is the maximum size I can cope with while working full time, so I'm glad I'm not having to manage an entire house right now. We've had a couple of location changes which were quite stressful at the time but I am happy with where we are right now. Ian isn't happy with paying caravan park rates as it isn't much cheaper than low end rent but councils are still catching up with the tiny house movement and I feel much better knowing we won't get a move on notice.

Craft and personal projects have predictably slowed down, but I am almost finished another Baby Cable Yoke Jacket for a very special baby due in just over a month. My 365 project has totally gone by the wayside and I'm a little sad I haven't been picking up the camera as much but now things have settled slightly I am picking up steam and I've got a professional head shot job coming up which is very exciting.


I hope everything is chugging along nicely for you wherever you are. What have you been up to? Are you a bad blogger like me?!

Mx

2 comments:

  1. Not BAD Blogger, you found your way back to it. Yes I missed it and you needed to remind me you had a blog. I have checked it every now and again but that was getting rare also. : )
    Nice to know that you acclimatized to work, different living arrangements and a lot of other things. GO GIRL.
    What is precious to you, you will get back to like the crafty things and the photography.
    Love from ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not good Blogger, you forgot to log out again.
    Glad I remembered how to do it for you. : )
    Love from ME

    ReplyDelete