Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Safflower Quilt


I am pulling my finger out and getting this quilt that was finished in December up on the blog because the beautifully written pattern is on sale right now for $2!! I have bought another 5 copies to give to my quilting ladies.


I actually waited for this pattern to be released and had it marked on my calendar so I could get it on day one. I had a special quilt to make for a special childhood friend, and I knew this was the perfect pattern for it.

This was such a fun quilt to make and also my fastest to date. I started it mid October on my birthday (that was my birthday present to myself) and had it finished by early December in time for my friend's birthday. It was also fun having a secret squirrel project and a deadline.


My friend had given me the stone coloured linen from her mother's stash (intended for clothing not quilting) and I had white linen on hand. I love the subdued effect of these two neutrals together. Perfectly understated, just like her mother.


There were a couple of firsts for me with this quilt. Following a pattern, outsourcing the quilting (for time efficiency!) and finally making my first label. I am totally happy with how it all came together, and most importantly my friend loved the memories of her Mum wrapped up in this quilt.


I loved making this quilt and if you are into quilting I believe you will too. The super special low price at the moment is a fundraising drive for the designer's fur baby surgery this Friday. However, even at the normal price it is more than worth it, and I could't wait to buy it!
Buy it here https://lemonsqueezyquilts.com/products/safflower-quilt-pdf-pattern


I have only made one quilt for myself (the first quilt I ever made) but I will definitely be making myself one of these quilts to keep.

It is starting to cool down here and soon it will be quilt weather! Do you have a favourite quilt pattern? I would love to know what it is.

Much love
Mx

1 comment:

  1. Well isn't this a consequence. I only just started looking at your blog this week. Wondering if you were going to pick it up again and you have. : )
    The quilt looks great and I am glad you have had so much enjoyment out of it and that your friend loved the special memories she has of her mother.
    Love from ME

    ReplyDelete