Thursday, December 1, 2016

Project 52, Weeks 46 + 47


Another two for one... Want to hear my excuse?? Writing my blog post was on my list of things to do for Thursday, and then my phone was stolen. Writing that out now makes that excuse look as lame as the dog ate my homework. I was happy to wait for a new phone to be posted out to me, but we're oh so modern here that we don't have a landline and Hubs said I couldn't be home with the kids without a phone. So an unscheduled trip to Perth put a bit of a hole in my week.

Hmm so what was I up to two weeks ago?! I had my hands x-rayed and I got my blood test results back from the doctor. My friends bullied me in to having blood tests and seeing the doctor because they worry I have some awful terminal disease making me tired and giving me bruises. Everything came back clear. I knew it would, and felt like the doctor would be a waste of time but it's nice to have friends that care. At least the doctor was able to confirm that the arthritis in my fingers is only garden variety osteoarthritis and not rheumatoid like I feared. I'm still not happy about having arthritis in my hands at 40, and even though it is visible to the naked eye seeing it on the x-ray made it somehow more real. So doing my best to cut out sugar and wheat to reduce inflammation. If you have any hot tips on reversing arthritis let me know!

We had Mia's kindy orientation. She loved it and told me the next day she isn't going to miss me :)
Then I had a planned trip to Perth for book club (we read All The Light We Can Not See). Then last week we had a trip to the local hospital to remove another "gem" from Mia's ear (the second in as many weeks)... And of course the stolen phone. In looking for silver linings I was able to buy a Christmas tree while on that unplanned trip to the city. You need a good and bushy tree for Christmas photos.

I'm going to perfect the magic book photo this year. Look at that mean and spindly tree from last year, you can see right through it!

Looks like I need to get that son of mine in my frame more often too judging my the saturation of Mia in this post.

May your electronics stay safe, or at least insured!

Mx

1 comment:

  1. It is awful having things stolen, but I suppose it has been going on since Noah was a baby. It appears that you have been a busy bee.
    I also seem to be time challenged, but feel that is because I am not an organized type of person.
    The reason that Mia seems to be in the lens more is because she is not off to school like Charlie.
    Glad the arthritis is the lesser of the two evils and for the caring
    friends.
    Love from ME

    ReplyDelete