Tuesday, September 13, 2016

In Love with Sue Bryce


I have been watching Sue Bryce on CreativeLive and I love her! Specifically I've been watching 28 Days of Portrait Photography. Sue is amazingly generous with her knowledge, and funny, and super entertaining, I could watch her all day. In fact that's one of the reasons I stayed back at the Villa on our girls weekend, so I could watch Sue by the pool!

Portraiture is definitely the genre of photography that I'm most enamoured with. It means so much to me to have photos of my kids and our families and I find it such a gift to give photos to people of their loved ones or photos of themselves that they love.

Sue has a  natural light studio and uses big polystyrene boards (poly boards) and foam core sheets that are white one side, black the other, taped together (v-flats) as backgrounds and reflectors. In this video with Sue Bryce, Tiffany Angeles shows how you can pick up the poly boards from the local hardware store in the US. They are a little harder to find here in Australia and not as cheap unfortunately. If you are looking for these in Perth I have sourced both from Foam Sales in Booragoon. I will be picking mine up in a couple of weeks :). The poly boards are $70 (2400 x 1200 x 75mm) and the black/white foam core sheets are $85 (2430 x 1210 x 10mm). It will be fun driving 3 hours home with them on the trailer!

Anyway, I just wanted to tell the world how much I love Sue Bryce, I think she's awesome and I couldn't keep it to myself! I even love watching her when she isn't talking about photography, I bought her CreativeLive with Tiffany Angeles "Make More Money and Discover Your Worth" as well, and her keynote for the 28 Days class where she addresses fear is brilliant. I would encourage anyone to watch it, if you're in to photography or not (watch it here for free on youtube).


Sue has recently launched Sue Bryce Education and if I ever start charging people I will be signing up! I know it would be much more valuable than the $35/month she is charging (a little more in AUD). I might have to start my own portrait business just so I can justify signing up. Then I could write off the new Canon 5D mkIV that's just been released too!!

I suppose that is enough gushing about Sue for now, but there is literally nothing on TV that I would rather watch, and I really am loving her that much.

I hope you all have something to watch that you love as much as I love watching Sue!

Mx


1 comment:

  1. Sue is definitely impressive, she is quiet beautiful to go with it.
    Beautiful person in looks and personality, by the looks of it.
    Cheers, love from ME

    ReplyDelete