Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Project 52, Week 28



The second week of the school holidays blew by in a flash. Ian and I enjoyed our last day before we got the wee ones back from Grandma, though I was unusually anxious about getting them back. I'm not sure if it was because I "left" them this time instead of Grandma taking them away like last time (the first time!). Then five minutes after they got home the fighting and carry-on started and I took my rose coloured glasses off and I cursed all the time wasted on worry when I could have been luxuriating in the peace and quiet! 

I need some help for my mother heart, how do you keep the worry to a helpful level? I was booked in to get some professional help around this issue while we were in the city but unfortunately the therapist was unable to make the appointment. I guess all mothers have a deep rooted fear of losing their children. Part of that fear is that I just don't know who I would be without them anymore. Gosh, getting deep. Therapy! I'll let you know how I go.

We checked in on the tadpoles that we had found a few weeks before at a local rock to check on progress (still no legs).  We caught up with friends in town. We caught up on some couch time and Wii playing. We enjoyed being together.

I know we still have many cold days ahead of us but I feel like we've turned that corner out of deep winter. But maybe that is just a couple of not freezing days talking!

Much love
Margret

1 comment:

  1. Bravo, well done. Memories of a holiday to Hopetoun returned with your comment of two minutes after their return. It does appear we are never really happy with the weather, we always seem to be waiting for the next season. : )
    Love from ME

    ReplyDelete