Thursday, April 2, 2015

Ian's Muesli

With Ian's new grain avoiding diet I have been making his breakfast "cereal" from scratch. I laugh because I made this a few times before Ian's change and he refused to try it, now I'm not allowed to let it run out. Luckily it is very quick and easy to make.

It is based on the Coconutty granola from the first I Quit Sugar Cookbook by Sarah Wilson.

Ian's Muesli

  • 200g coconut flakes
  • 80-100g shredded coconut
  • 100g almonds
  • 70-80g cashews
  • 70-80g macadamias
  • 70-80g cashews
  • 60g pistachios
  • 50g sunflower seeds
  • 50g pumpkin seeds
  • 50g dried cranberries
  • 2 Tbs chia seeds
  • 70g coconut oil (melted)
Roughly chop the almonds, macadamias, cashews and pistachios. Add to a large bowl with the coconut flakes and shreds, and sunflower and pumpkin and chia seeds. Warm the coconut oil if needed and pour over the mix stirring it through. You can add the cranberries now or after baking. Spread out over two or three large baking trays and bake for approx 15mins at 120-130 degrees celcius. Leave it to cook for a little longer if you like it more toasted. Let cool and transfer to an air tight container. 

Ian has it with rice milk for breakfast and I have it as an after dinner snack on top of vanilla greek yoghurt. So delicious!


Hope you have some lovely plans for Easter, even if it they are just to stay home like we are.

Mx

2 comments:

  1. Look good and has a double purpose. Yes that sugar has a lot to answer for and it has become such a big thing in our lives. I am glad I now avoid it like the plaque. : ) Love from ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great. I think I'll try it this weekend... I've definitely got a sugar addiction that I need to kick.

    ReplyDelete