Friday, March 21, 2014

A Night Off


I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Tonight is scheduled to be the first night that I sleep by myself away from my babies since Charlie was born three and half years ago. I'm looking forward to having a full night sleep without being woken 4 to 5 times to nurse but apprehensive about what that means for Mia, my boobs and my Mum (or Ian) who is babysitting.

The reason is my best friend is getting married tomorrow and I am spending the night at her hotel with her. I would take Mia with me, but who wants to be the cause of eye bags on a bride on her big day?!

I worry about the amount of sleep that will be had at Mum's house, but a full night of sleep for me and getting to spend the time with my bestie on her last night as a single woman are a pretty tempting proposition and not to be overlooked in their importance.

Now I just need to steel my resolve. I can do this. Mia can do this. We will both be ok.

I hope you have as wonderful a weekend as I have planned  coming up. I think we should to go to Sculptures by the Sea on Sunday before we head home.

Mx

2 comments:

  1. Oh, enjoy every minute of your night of Margret. And try not to think about Mia too much - she will be just fine. Have a fabulous weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a lovely night and a fantastic time at the wedding. Saw Ian's post on facebook this morning and had a bit of a giggle.

    ReplyDelete