Friday, November 12, 2010

Breakfast of Kings

Of The King... PB and banana hotdogs, a simplified version of Elvis's fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, soo delicious! I love a lot of butter (real butter, organic and most definitely salted) and smooth PB, put on while the bread butts are hot enough to make it melty.
I've Nigella to thank for putting me on to this wonderful flavour combination way back in 01 with her Nigella Bites Series and cookbook. That cookbook is hands down the most cooked from cook book that I own. I have a goal to cook at least one dish from every cook book I have (to justify keeping them all), but alas most of them just sit in the book case and I get most of my recipes from blogs or the internet.
 I just did a search and Nigella's recipe for Presley's Fried Peanut-Butter and Banana Sandwich is available here.  Unfortunately you miss out on the preamble you get to the recipe in the book, which is one of the reasons I love her cook books so, as much for the food as to read her stories. After all these years, I still have a girl crush on her.

Try them, you'll only be sorry calorifically...

Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment