Thursday, April 8, 2010

Extending your normal wardrobe for maternity

I am 17 weeks along now and although not protruding in the belly area much just yet, my pants are not comfortable any more. A friend of mine showed me this trick of using a normal rubber band to extend the use of my normal jeans before having to buy maternity jeans.


 I was pretty excited to learn that I have good tummy muscles according to my chiropractor, based on the theory I haven't popped out much yet. He guessed I was 11 weeks. I am looking forward to a magnificent, obviously pregnant belly though.

Good news for pregnant mums in Oz, I've found that JeansWest now have maternity jeans, and they are only $65 (instead of $150 from maternity stores). They even had 3 varieties, boot cut, straight leg and skinny.

Mx

4 comments:

  1. Love the rubberband trick,practical yes,classy hmmmm..but who the heck cares right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    You have a nice blog. A 40-week pregnancy is really just a blip in our whole life time, but the problem with clothing during that time is very painful. Keeping this in mind, two best friends and mother of two children each started http://www.bellybundles.com. We have high quality maternity clothes there and we would like to hear your feedback on our products.

    Thanks,
    Carina - Maternity clothing

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rubber band trick is a ripper! And maternity jeans are a must have - although I found that Target maternity jeans were far more comfy than the JeansWest ones (but maybe that was just me)!

    And enjoy the lack of a preggie belly - it doesn't happen the second time around when you look 6 months pregnant at 3 months (or again, maybe that was just me)!!

    ReplyDelete