Sunday, November 8, 2009
I'm trying to hand make most of my Christmas gifts this year and on my list is two dresses each for both of my beautiful nieces. I have started one of them, made from a pillowcase from the op-shop. As I figured white is not a very practical colour for kids and the fabric had yellowed, I thought I would dye the dress pink.
I did a little bit of internet research for dye, looking for a better and cheaper option than I could get from the supermarket. Nothing really came up but I did find this great page on natural dying. Apparently both roses and lavender can be used to make pink dye. So I collected my flowers and tried my luck tonight. The dress is hanging out to dry on the balcony and I am excited/nervous to see how it turns out.