Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mango Smoothie

IMG_2518

I made this for breakfast this morning and it was good. I wrote it down and I'm posting it here so I don't lose it (and one of you might like to try it!). Oh, and it's a good breakfast if you have a broken tooth. Dentist tomorrow.

1 banana
2 frozen mango cheeks
2 cups almond milk
1 Tbs dark agave syrup
1 Tbs bee pollen
1 tsp vitamin C powder
Wizz in the blender and enjoy.

And here is how I make the nut milk...

1 cup soaked nuts (or seeds)
4 cups filtered rain water
1/4 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
Adding only half the water, wizz everything together in the blender. Strain through a nut milk bag and add the other two cups of water. Keeps for a few days in the fridge.

Mx

3 comments:

  1. This sounds very yummy - and incredibly nutritious! I'm trying to avoid wheat at the moment so this is a good alternative. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I can almost smell the mango.
    We love the raw fresh smoothies with nut milks.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that isn't the colour i'd expect from mango banana smoothie! sounds really good. i don't have all of those powders/pollen on hand but i'm going to try this.

    ReplyDelete